Sunday, October 24, 2010

Connells and CAM join forces to sell Spanish Property

The CAM (Caja Mediteraneo) bank and Connells Estate agency have joined forces to try and sell CAM's residential property portfolio. Connell's with their impressive track record of selling properties in the UK undoubtedly can bring a lot to the partnership. It's refreshing to see one of the banks admitting they need help to shift their growing catalogue of properties they have acquired through repossessions. It's a sensible start and I'm sure this move will generate a lot of sales.

Connell's previously partnered with a Spanish Property agent, the now defunct Parador Properties.

Whilst I am certain that Connell's will be able to muster up some clients, even in these depressed times...I'm not so certain how the whole process will flow so easily.

It does prompt a few questions:

Who will being doing the selling on the ground in Spain?

Will there be any kind of an after-sales service?

In my experience the vast majority of British property purchasers did so from British sales people. If Connells think it's just a question of getting bums on an aeroplane and CAM think it's just a question of showing an English couple a house, they may not be as successful as they both hope.

I am a little bit bemused as to why the banks haven't struck up multi-agency deals with all the real estate agents up and down the Costas and shifted the properties sooner and faster. The local British agents have a great deal of experience and skill at selling Spanish property.

For a list of banks featuring repossessed Spanish property visit: www.respossesed-spanish-property.co.uk

2 comments:

Unknown said...


great Property in Marbella

I would love to see spanish salad

Hope to see more posting related to

§ Bank repossession in Spain

Unknown said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Raflyes.com